Automatic archive frequency.

From: John F. Oberle <oberle02_at_ssw.alcoa.com>
Date: 24 Aug 1994 21:18:49 GMT

In process of developing our ONLINE backups we turned on the automatic  archiving of the redo logs. They appear to occur on a cyclic basis every  15 - 20 - 15 - 20 ... basis. They are occurring on this frequency even when  there is little activity on the database. I cannot seem to find where this  frequency is determined. I expected it to be after a logswitch of the redo  log which would occur at the time the active group filled up and began writing  to the next group. Does anybody have any idea what is happening.

Thanks;
JohnO Received on Wed Aug 24 1994 - 23:18:49 CEST

Original text of this message