Re: Getting SQLDBA to work with RS6000

From: Lynda Sohl <lyndas_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 14:20:17 GMT

In article <1994Aug18.163831.112963_at_zeus.aix.calpoly.edu>, dwittke_at_harp.aix.calpoly.edu (Dean Wittke) writes:
|> We are running Oracle 7 on a IBM RS6000 Model 570 with AIX 3.2.4
|> and accessing it remotely
|> on a RS6000 220 AIX 3.2.5 using hft's.
|>
|> Everything works fine, except I can't get SQLDBA up to recognize
|> the function keys and mouse. In
|> fact, the only way i can do backspace is <ctl><bkspc>.
|>
|> Can someone help me in configuring this correctly?
|>
|> Thanks.
|>
|> Dean

I had a similar problem getting the keyboard mapping to work for vt220 emulation from my PC keyboard. My UNIX host is an HP9000 but I am using an xterm emulation not hpterm. After struggling through Oracle support fro many weeks, they finally told me that you can not change the keyboard mapping they give you for SQL*DBA (this is as of 7.0.16.4.0). The keyboard mapping is somehow hard-coded into the SQL*DBA .res files. I was told that in some future release (they would not tell me when), they would change the keyboard file to Oracle*Terminal, so that the keys could be remapped.

Lynda Sohl
DBA / Technical Analyst
Motorola, Inc.
ccof50_at_email.mot.com Received on Wed Aug 24 1994 - 16:20:17 CEST

Original text of this message