Re: ASCII output

From: Mahesh Vallampati <m0v5533_at_tamsun.tamu.edu>
Date: 23 Aug 1994 08:15:12 -0500

In article <stefan.kleeschulte.2.000DBC70_at_life.lu>, Stefan Kleeschulte <stefan.kleeschulte_at_life.lu> wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>this might be a simple question for you, but for me as a newcomer to Oracle it
>is not. And please no RTFM advice, I already tried half a meter of the one
>meter long row of handbooks.
>How can I produce a comma delimited (or any other special character) output
>ASCII file from my Oracle table?
 select foo1||,||foo2 from table1 ;
|| is the concatenation parameter. The above statement will produce an output like this
1,2
3,4
etc.
U might also want to set head(headings off) off and spool the contents to a file.
>I am still using version 6.
>I'd also be grateful for a hint where to obtain the FAQ's from.
ftp site: ftp.uni-oldenburg.de
>Stefan

Mahesh Vallampati
M.S. In EE
Dept.of Electrical Engineering,
Texas A & M University.
Ph:(409)845-6189
\\ In the Beginning there was Codd..... Received on Tue Aug 23 1994 - 15:15:12 CEST

Original text of this message