Graphing Tool Needed

From: Christopher R Quint <quint_at_hpcc01.corp.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 18:10:08 GMT

I am looking for a graphing tool that can produce a number of different graphs from data in an SQL database. It should be able to produce line graphs, pie charts and stacked bar charts, and it should be able to run on databases from different vendors. Ideally, it would use something like ODBC to get the vendor-independence, but as long as it worked with the most popular databases that would be OK. It should be able to run in batch mode to produce output on many different types of printers, or interactively to allow users to easily select the data they wish to graph and the type of graph they want. It should run on hp-ux and SunOS at a minimum and be priced at or below $1K per box.

I've already heard about Grafsman from Softek, Applixware, xgraph, and SAS and will be taking a look at those. Does anyone know of any other applications that fit the criteria above? If so, please send me email with any contact information you have. Thanks, Chris Received on Mon Aug 22 1994 - 20:10:08 CEST

Original text of this message