Oracle Forms 4.0 Problem

From: Robert Masters <gambit_at_capcon.apana.org.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 12:29:45 GMT

I have come across a problem in Oracle Forms Runtime for the Apple Macintosh and was hoping that someone may be able to offer some assistance. I am running oracle forms runtim version 4.0.12.1.9 and I have noticed that no matter how much memory I allocate to Runtime forms in the finder, I eventually run out of memory.

It seems to me that Oracle Runtime Forms is not releasing all of memory it addresses when a form is loaded. I have tried using NEW_FORM and EXIT_FORM/CALL_FORM commands to try and get around the problem but have so far failed. As a result of not releasing all of the memory runforms eventually runs out of memory and either terminates runforms or crashes my mac.

Has anyone noticed this before, as I have not seem any literature detailing this as a problem with Oracle forms runtime on the mac.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and my direct e-mail address is gambit_at_capon.apana.org

Thanks