oracle forms 4.0 and motif

From: <lee_at_pacific.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 13:26:24 GMT

My first posting didn't make it so here it is again

I need help in linking Oracle Forms 4.0, Reports 2.0 and data browser in my system.

I'm runnins SunOS 4.1.3 and I purchased a motif lib 1.2.2 for the same OS.

When I try to install the above products and specify that I want to relink the products, the orainstall script bails out.

I called tech support and we tried to run through it manually. Forms 4.0 "seemed" to link (actually make -f sqlforms40.md f40desm) ok but, when I try to run Forms40 I get segment faults and bus errors.

The manuals state that for the GUI implemenation of forms 4.0 etc you need X11 R4 or X11 R5 and Motif 1.2 for it to work. Hummmmm? I have X11R4 and Motif so what gives?

If I install the products with out relinking why would I need to buy a Motif lib? BTW it doesn't work with out relinking.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't be the only one out here with this type of setup, am I???????

Thanks

Lee Fledderjohann Received on Thu Aug 18 1994 - 15:26:24 CEST

Original text of this message