Need Test Sites in Portland, Oregon

From: Thomas B. Cox <tcox_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 00:39:56 GMT

Dear readers of comp.databases.oracle:

I'm finishing up a book, and need to test-install Oracle Workgroup Server on an OS/2 machine and a Netware (3.11) machine. Depending on what I get sent, it will also require either a 3.5-inch floppy drive or a CD-ROM drive.

It requires about 75 MB of space, and 16 MB of RAM. The product includes Windows client tools and SQL*Nets, which I don't need to test install, but they're in there.

This would probably require up to four (4) hours of time per install, what with me taking notes and doing it several times.

If you would allow me to do this at your location using your hardware, I will in exchange allow you to have my license for Oracle Workgroup Server for the aforementioned operating system. I will also give you, when it comes out, a copy of my book, _The Oracle Workgroup Server Handbook_.

I will extend this offer to the first two (2) sites, one each of OS/2 and Netware, who respond.

Remember that the license is for pre-release software, and carries with it no support contract at all. I received the licenses for free as the writer, and they are mine to dispose of, but don't over-estimate their value. The commercial release will supposedly cost $995 for a two user license.

This would be useful, I think, for people getting their feet wet with the product or with Oracle in general. I'll happily provide you with informal support, help you load data, etc. It's the most user-friendly full function RDBMS I've seen, and makes a great entry level product for those new to Oracle.

Please respond to tcox_at_netcom.com before the end of August. Portland, Oregon vicinity only, please.

Cheers.

 -Tom

--
Thomas Cox      tcox_at_netcom.com        Cox for Labor Commissioner