SET SERVEROUTPUT Question

From: Tim McCollum <edtwm_at_huber.com>
Date: 17 Aug 1994 19:35:41 GMT

please reply post or reply to edtwm_at_huber.com

I have a pl/sql script for which I would like to send a debug message.

        example:

        begin

                loop

  • please ignore endless loop it is of no consequence to the
  • example dbms_output.put_line('Hello World!');

                end loop;

        end;

I realize that I must do set servoutput on prior to executing the procedure. The problem is that there is a buffer limit of 2000 bytes. The result is when put_line attempts to put the 2001st byte to the buffer, I receive ORA-20000 Buffer Overflow error.

Does anyone know how to change the 2000 byte buffer limit??????

Tim McCollum
Oracle Services
Iselin NJ Received on Wed Aug 17 1994 - 21:35:41 CEST

Original text of this message