SQL*Net 2.0 With PowerBuilder

From: Lisa Shea <ak818_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 17:05:46 GMT

We are running SQL*Net 2.0 on a Novell network, accessing a HP running Oracle 7.1. Since we've switched to SQL*Net 2.0, we've had all sorts of problems with what seems to be SQL*Net allowing more than one transaction to occur at once, with the two transactions crashing into each other. This didn't happen with the previous version of SQL*Net.

Usually it's a Network Read Would Block error, or sometimes PowerBuilder simply locks up. PowerBuilder says they reported this to Oracle last Oct, and looking at Oracle's logs it appears they did get the error and closed it out last November, saying 'user found a workaround'.

Has anyone out there encountered this problem? Please email back here or to ak818_at_freenet.carleton.ca.

Lisa

She is like a cat in the dark,
and then, she is the darkness.