Re: Help New Financials Sysadmin set up a Zoom?

From: Gary V. Heard <gheard_at_gheard.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 18:42:01 +0000

In article <776483148.264snx_at_aleytys.pc.my>

           philip_at_aleytys.pc.my "Philip Chee" writes:

> I hope that you can help me set up this Zoom. Our usual consultant
> from Oracle is some where else (covering for his boss who has had an
> accident) so I can't reach him. Called Oracle Customer Support but
> Sharon is making a field call to another customer and BoonLong is on
> leave. So...you're elected!
>
> Application: Oracle Financials 9.4/Inventory
> Platform: Solaris 2.2
>
> I Want To:
>
> Set up a zoom from: Form "Receive Purchase Orders" Zone "Items"
> to : Form "View Item Quantities"
Sorry to start with a question but why are you going to the View Item Quantities screen, I find that the Item Supply/Demand Screeb gives a better view of what is happening.

> I have set up the following steps:
>
> StartZoom(Once, Initially) Sequence 1
>
> EXEMACRO EXETRG FND_EXEQRY;
>
> Query(Always) Sequence 1
>
> EXEMACRO COPY SOURCE:PO_LINE_ITEMS.PART_NUMBER
> INTO DEST:INVENTORY_ITEM.SEGMENT;

Shouldn't you be populating the field as if it was a Quickpick?

I'll get my hands on a system tommorrow (Wednesday 17th and see if I can post you a reply by the end of the evening.

> I can successfully zoom to the target form, but I can't get the
> query to run. i.e. in the target form I get a blank row waiting for
> me to key in a query and execute (F2)
>
> Note: I have absolutely no experience on SQL*FORMS and all I have to
> go on is the example text in the online help. The answer is
> probably very obvious, but not to me :-(

I also have no experiance on FORMS 2.3, roll on version 10.5 (GUI I Hope)

> +-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+

			Interesting, what does it mean??

--
Gary V. Heard                               You Are What You Are.