Re: ORA-06107 when using ODBC and Visual Basic 3.0...

From: David Colello <dcolello_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 Aug 1994 21:36:29 GMT

In <32ithu$mm2_at_search01.news.aol.com>, bamendt_at_aol.com (BAmendt) writes:
>In article <32des0$1a_at_gsusgi1.gsu.edu>, idmrmb_at_gsusgi1.gsu.edu (Mark
>Buffington) writes:
>
>>Help.
> >I have Visual Basic 3.0 installed and I am trying to access
>>my Oracle 7 server. SQLPlus 3.1 works just fine using the same
>>network drivers, both SPX and TCP/IP, but when I try to use the
>>sample application "VISDATA" to get to my server I receive:
>>
>>The following Error occurred:
>>
>>ODBC-call failed.[Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Driver's SQLSetConnectOption
>>failed[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver] Driver not capable.[Oracle][ODBC
>>Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI][Error while trying to retrieve text for
>>error ORA-06107.[#6107]
>>Number: 3146
>>
>> I am using SQL*Net TCP/IP v1.1.7.8. I am also running with the
>>o7odbc.exe upgrade from the Oracle Compuserve forum. Any pointers
>>gratefully accepted.
>
>I was never able to get SQL*NET v1.1.7.8 to work either. However,
>v1.1.7.7b works OK with Oracle7 ODBC. Oracle technical support says
>v1.1.10 works better, but I can't confirm this.
>
>My advice is to call Oracle techincal support and get a version of SQL*NET
>that will work with Oracle's ODBC driver.
>
>Why does Oracle make this so difficult?

The other thing you can do is put the info from the services file directly in the connect string as:

scott/tiger_at_t:host/1525:sid

This workaround might get you going.

Dave Colello
dcolello_at_oracle.com

The views expressed here are my own and not my employer's. Received on Mon Aug 15 1994 - 23:36:29 CEST

Original text of this message