Re: ORA-06107 when using ODBC and Visual Basic 3.0...

From: Mark Buffington <idmrmb_at_gsusgi1.gsu.edu>
Date: 12 Aug 1994 10:17:50 -0400

schmiedj_at_rocbi.dnet.roche.com (Joerg Schmiedle) writes:
>If you are using TCP/IP as protocol, SQLnet requires an port-entry
>in your services-file. Type in the line
>ORASRV 1525/TCP ORACLE
>Look at your oracle.ini where the TCP_SERVICES_FILE should point to
>your services file.

It's been in there since I installed TCP/IP months ago.. :( Using the native ORACLE tools I can get to ALL of my servers just fine. It's just that ODBC doesn't seem to be happy (surprise).

Mark..

--
Mark Buffington / Database Administration / Georgia State University
                / Systems Programmer IV   / idmrmb_at_gsusgi1.gsu.edu