Re: Winsock(trumpet) and SQL*NET

From: Michel Lalonde <mla_at_132.203.6.11>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 12:51:00 GMT

In Article <32dhtn$8hi_at_solaris.cc.vt.edu> "billrich_at_caspian.ext.vt.edu (Bill Richardson)" says:
> Greetings. Our network configuration uses trumpet winsock to get tcp/ip
> for windows. Now we want to start using the Oracle our institution is
> supplying.
>
> Has anyone ever used SQL*net clients on a windows machine running Trumpet
> Winsock?
>
> thanks from an Oracle newbie
>
> Bill Richardson
> Virginia Tech

I was told by Oracle Tech support that the trumpet winsock is not supported and will not be supported (probably because it is a shareware).

Michel Lalonde                  mlalonde_at_cti.ulaval.ca
Service de l'informatique
    et telecommunications       Tel: (418) 656-3632
Universite Laval                Fax: (418) 656-7305
Ste-Foy, Quebec, Canada
G1K 7P4