Re: Latest version of Oracle

From: Hank Robinson <cudau_at_csv.warwick.ac.uk>
Date: 12 Aug 1994 10:49:42 +0100

walkerb_at_bach.seattleu.edu (Brian T. Walker) writes:

> In article <1994Aug11.154953.46466_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>,
> Steve Blair <smblair_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu> wrote:

>> We need to know what the latest version of Oracle is.  Is it 7.0.16?
>> Thanks in advance.
>> --
>> Steve Blair                  Information Systems

> It depends on what platform you're talking about. If you are just
> curious in general, the latest production release is 7.1.3. I don't
> know what all of the platforms are that it's released on but Sequent
> and HP are amoung them...

> Brian

It also very much depends on which country you're in; if you're unfortunate enough to not be in North America, like here in the UK, then the latest production release (on Sun Solaris) is still 7.0.16; 7.1 is still in Beta.

Would anyone from Oracle care to comment as to why there is such an incredible time lag between here and across the pond, especially when the release that we'll run, in an English speaking country, would seem to be more or less identical to what people are running already in the States?

Hank Robinson
Oracle DBA
University of Warwick Received on Fri Aug 12 1994 - 11:49:42 CEST

Original text of this message