Re: Latest version of Oracle

From: Fred Wiersma <wiersma_at_gemini>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 10:58:14 GMT

In article <32fgjm$ca7_at_crocus.csv.warwick.ac.uk>, cudau_at_csv.warwick.ac.uk (Hank Robinson) writes:
>It also very much depends on which country you're in; if you're unfortunate
>enough to not be in North America, like here in the UK, then the latest
>production release (on Sun Solaris) is still 7.0.16; 7.1 is still in Beta.
>
>Would anyone from Oracle care to comment as to why there is such an
>incredible time lag between here and across the pond, especially when the
>release that we'll run, in an English speaking country, would seem to be more
>or less identical to what people are running already in the States?
>
>Hank Robinson
>Oracle DBA
>University of Warwick

I understand from Oracle NL that they usually test Oracle USA releases before sending them to customers. Why? I think because they found that the US releases did not reach the quality standards demanded by Oracle NL; no doubt these standards were influenced by customers complaints... :)

Fred Wiersma
wiersma_at_tfdl.agro.nl Received on Fri Aug 12 1994 - 12:58:14 CEST

Original text of this message