Pro*C vs. OCI

From: HALEH HARIRIAN <haleh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 11 Aug 1994 23:52:13 GMT

We are starting a new project in Oracle, probably using Windows NT as a client. We would like to use OCI because it will fit better with our design plans, and because we feel more comfortable with API database interface. But we heard that most of the Oracle community uses embedded Pro*C, and that OCI may not even be supported in Oracle 8. How true is this? Also, approximately what percentage of Oracle applications are developed with OCI? Is it true that Pro*C does not work very well with C++?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Aug 12 1994 - 01:52:13 CEST

Original text of this message