Re: ORACLE Backups

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 08:40:15 GMT

gordon_at_crystal.dircon.co.uk (Gordon Hollingworth) writes:
: I don't think I agree with this an I think John Morgan is correct....This is
: how I understand shutdowns.
:
: SHUTDOWN - Standard shutdown disables any new connections and waits for
: existing connections to terminate before Database is shutdown.
:
: SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE - Terminates all connections and performs and automatic
: rollback on any uncommited transactions.
:
: SHUTDOWN ABORT - Terminates everything and does *not* perform rollbacks etc.
: This is what I call the PANIC option.
:
: Does anyone else have anything to add ???
:
: Gordon Hollingworth
: --

Gordon is correct