Asynchronous I/O support for client applications

From: Gautam Makani <gautam_at_cyrano.tcs.com>
Date: 10 Aug 1994 16:27:46 -0700

Hello all,

(This seems like a common enough requirement for "servers", so I'm wondering if this can be done or not.)

We need to know if an Oracle application can do the following:

  1. Fire off a query
  2. Do some other work, like run other queries
  3. Be notified that (1) has completed and collect the results of (1)

In Sybase, with dbpoll(), you could do something like the above scenario. I did'nt see anything in the OCI or the PL/SQL manuals for something like this.

Thanks for the help!
Gautam

Gautam Makani                                    Tel: (510)649-3428
Teknekron Communications Systems, Berkeley       e-mail: gautam_at_tcs.com