Re: Text items in FORMS 4 (mac & unix)

From: Anil <aarhemtu_at_cayley.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 14:53:08 GMT

Jon Erlend Dahlen (jonda_at_ifi.uio.no) wrote:

: I've 13 text items in a base table block showing 7 records from a
: table. These text items presents information, in other words, the user
: is not supposed to edit the text items. The information showed is
: usually quite long, longer than the width of the text items, therefore
: the text items are multi line items, showing 2 lines.

: The problem:

: When I set the navigable and enabled properties to OFF, the user can't
: navigate to these items with the mouse nor the next_item key. This is
: what I want. The problem is the text in the items, it get grayed out.
: Gray text may look OK on a color screen, but on a black/white it's
: unreadable.

Try to enable the text items but turn their update property off. Thus the user can got to the text item and scroll around but can not change the text field.

Anil Received on Wed Aug 10 1994 - 16:53:08 CEST

Original text of this message