Re: [Q] Need to use decimal radix in power f(x) in Report Writter 2

From: Nigel Noble <nigel_at_churchill.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 21:33:41 GMT

If your using sql*forms 4, i assume you would be using Oracle7. Just call a stored database function which would use the 2.0 PL/SQL POWER.

Regards

Nigel

crabbeh_at_m1.interserv.com wrote:
: Ok, As we all know, Oracle decided to use PL/SQL V1.1 when they integated it into
: Forms 4 and Report Writer 2. One thing PL/SQL V1.1 does not support is decimals in
: the power function. Ex. POWER(3.5, 1.324) = 3.5 raised to the 1.324 power. Version
: 2.0 of PL/SQL does support this, but in Reports and Forms, we're stuck with V1.1. I'm writing
: financial reports, and I need to anualize stock performance numbers, and this requires the use
: of the power F(x) with decimals. My question is, has anyone out there written a user exit
: or found a work around to this limitation! I imagine I'm not the only one out there needing
: to do this.

: Any and all responses greatly appreciated!

: crabbeh_at_m1.interserve.com

: Darren Guarnaccia _at_ The Crabbe Huson Group
: 121 S.W Morrison St
: Suite 1400
: Portland, Or 97204
: Voice (503) 295-0111
: Fax (503) 295-2939

--
    Nigel Noble                       churchill        Tel: +44 81 313 5677