Re: BIG Joins

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 09:45:08 +0000

In article comp.databases.oracle:<199408052154101030.russell_at_atl.sofkin.ca>, russell_at_atl.sofkin.ca writes:
>In message Fri, 22 Jul 1994 09:50:59 +0000,
> J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk (Jacqui Caren) writes:
>
>> I think we might be talking about defferent things.
>> In my email I was referring to outer joins - for a twotable outer join
>> there are four cases - this requires up to four selects with unions.

>There are really only three cases that you care about:
>I don't think you really care about the fourth case:

But there is still a total of four cases. Selection is up to the individual. In my situation I used a master select and incorporated each of the four above cases. The idea was that non existent entries would generate default values calculated from other fields. The sql was horrible. Perl made life a lot lot easier...

--
Jacqui Caren, Paul Ingram Group Ltd. J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk
My opinions are corect...  ( :-) for the emotionally deprived)