Re: SQL*NET over dial-in

From: <bwitt_at_tdsc1.actd.saic.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 14:47:10 GMT

> > Anyway, we are continuing to looking at other solutions. My question is
> > if anyone out there has successfuly implement GUI-based remote-access
> > (dialup over a regular phone line) to access an ORACLE database. And how?
> > Are there other products (particular networking) I should look at?.
> > I also was wondering if there is such a thing called Oracle SQL*Net
> > Asynchronous for Windows?? I know there is one for DOS. If anyone know
> > the answer to this, your help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Ben Wong
We access an Oracle7 database running on a SCO Box over a PPP connection from our PC's. On the PC's we're running SQL*Net v2.0, Oracle's TCP/IP Adapter v2.0, SQL*Plus v3.1, and NetManage's Chameleon v4.0. We have written several applications using Visual Basic v3.0 and Q+E's ODBC drivers with this configuration. To SQL*Net it seems like a normal TCP/IP network connection. Received on Fri Aug 05 1994 - 16:47:10 CEST

Original text of this message