Re: CDE Production 2 and 7.0.15.4 *** BE AWARE ***

From: Clay Jackson <cjackso_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 4 Aug 94 19:38:22 GMT

Brian Borysewich (brianab_at_netcom.com) wrote:

: BE AWARE, it will overwrite your common libraries and mangle your bin. Hmmmm - in our documentation set (Sequent dynix/ptx), right in the Installation Guide it says (in several places - and this isn't an exact quote, because the guide is over at our Data Center) "Don't put THIS $ORACLE_HOME in the same place as an $ORACLE_HOME lower than 7.0.16.x, or it will trash your database."

Anyway - YMMV, but at least they got it right for Sequent.

--
Clay Jackson - N7QNM
US WEST NewVector Group Inc