Re: SQL*NET over dial-in

From: <hpujol_at_dwp.la.ca.us>
Date: 4 Aug 94 14:20:23 GMT

In article <31n7qp$8nf_at_Venus.mcs.com>, <bwong_at_MCS.COM> writes:

> Anyway, we are continuing to looking at other solutions. My question is
> if anyone out there has successfuly implement GUI-based remote-access
> (dialup over a regular phone line) to access an ORACLE database. And how?
> Are there other products (particular networking) I should look at?.
> I also was wondering if there is such a thing called Oracle SQL*Net
> Asynchronous for Windows?? I know there is one for DOS. If anyone know
> the answer to this, your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ben Wong
I am interested in this too. I was thinking for my application to use Telebit Netblazer PN2 dialup routers (~ $2500 each) at each remote site plus a 4-port unit at the central site (RS/6000). This is an efficient, transparent solution but requires more $$$ due to hardware.

Would you please post how you set up SLIP on your RS/6000, I was having trouble with my setup. I'm using IBM TCP/IP for OS/2 and ChameleonNFS for Windows on client machines.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Hector Pujol
HecP_at_aol.com Received on Thu Aug 04 1994 - 16:20:23 CEST

Original text of this message