Installing Oracle 7.0.16 for the first time

From: Peter Evans <pevans_at_olmsys.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 14:45:48 +0000

Re : whether you need a C compiler to install Oracle 7.0.16 on Solaris 2.3

We did this install a while back. You don't need a C compiler but you do neet the make utility and a linker. On 2.3 you can use the ones provided with the SCCS s/w by putting /usr/ccs/bin into the PATH. the limitation is that you cannot re-link the executables during the Oracle installation without the C compiler and must therefore answer 'NO' when the installer asks you this.

--
Peter Evans			"There is Schnitzel in my Lederhosen"
pevans_at_olmsys.demon.co.uk