Choice of Editor for Long fields

From: S Maheswaran <maheswar_at_sequent.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 94 21:28:50 GMT

In one of the applications developed by me, there is a need to edit long text field. The field say 'Comments' contains some running text and is of ORACLE LONG TYPE. My user would like to use his choice of editor for editing this field. At present, edit field automatically invokes the standard oracle editor only. Can this be configured? For ex : to use 'vi' for editing the long fields. Another requirement is to read text from some other files.

Any help (or) workaround in this regard will be highly appreciated.

I am using ORACLE V6.0.37/ FORMS 3.0 on sequent platform.

Thanks in advance,

Maheswaran Swaminathan. Received on Wed Aug 03 1994 - 23:28:50 CEST

Original text of this message