Re: HOWTO: Defrag Tablespace

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 3 Aug 94 13:25:28 +1000

In article <Ctx1x7.G2t_at_csn.org>, losburn_at_teal.csn.org (Lynn Osburn) writes:
> What is the "correct" method to defrag a tablespace? Export/Import
> with Compress?
>
> Is there an elegant solution to defrag in place?

Use EXPORT/IMPORT ... compress is optional if just defraging free space.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras