Two-way Database Synchronization - experiences ?

From: -K.LANG <klang_at_mantic.att.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 19:34:03 GMT

  In a meeting, recently the issue came up as to whether or not Oracle 7.0xx was able to handle synchronization between machines, both Suns and both running the same version of Oracle. The Server Administrator's Guide devotes a chapter to this from which I quoted in this meeting, but could offer no opinion as to how difficult or easy this was to implement and maintain.

  I'm interested in anyone's experiences with this. Please email me or post here which method used in your implementation. If you have experience with an off the shelf package. i.e. Openvision, I would be interested in that, too.

Again, my group is looking to use the two-phase synchronous approach with updates within a 15 minute timeframe, as opposed to the snapshot approach.

Thanks in advance.

Ken
klang_at_hostar.att.com Received on Tue Aug 02 1994 - 21:34:03 CEST

Original text of this message