Help, Listener Hangs on IPC Connect

From: Bill Canning <bill.canning_at_SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 20:54:55 GMT

I installed ORACLE 7.00.16 on an NCR 3600 (in non-Parallel mode) but "lsnrctl start" hangs indefinitely after:

Connecting to (ADDRESS=PROTOCOL=IPC) (KEY=sid1)

I am using the listener.ora file created during the install process with no other drivers included. An exact copy of this installation (including the listener.ora file) comes up OK on an NCR 3500.

I can see the named pipes being created in /var/tmp/o. When I set trace to ADMIN, the last entry I get in the trace file is (after begin notification for process 1):

waiting for transport event (1 thru 1)

The equivalent listener.trc on the 3500 (where lsnrctl works) shows no differences up to this point. The listener.log file is not helpful.

If anyone has any ideas on what could be the cause, I would greatly appreciate it (or alternate debug methods). Thanks in advance.

Bill Canning, AT&T GIS San Diego Received on Tue Aug 02 1994 - 22:54:55 CEST

Original text of this message