Re: HP Character Set - Macintosh

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1 Aug 1994 16:14:38 GMT

In article <mikek.1126138652B_at_tigger.jvnc.net> Michael Kranzdorf, mikek_at_krt.com writes:
>Sorry I don't have an answer for this, but I want to avoid it myself.
 What
>character set should I use instead of WE8MACROMAN8 if I expect to port my
>A/UX database to HPUX or Sun/Solaris? I don't need to use Mac-specific
>characters.

The standard Western European 8 bit character set is WE8ISO8859P1.

Refer to Appendix A of your Server Concepts Manual.

Regards,
--Doug

Doug Bitting || Oracle Corporation || dbitting_at_oracle.com Worldwide Technical Support || Apple Desktop Products Group All opinions expressed in this article are my own and may not

           reflect those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Aug 01 1994 - 18:14:38 CEST

Original text of this message