Re: Installing Oracle

From: Amit Gupta <amit_at_churchill.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 12:56:48 GMT

Ajoy Cherian (tulcoc_at_ccnet.com) wrote:
: Hi,

: Is it true that a C compiler is required for installing oracle(for
: linking the oracle kernel) ?
: Platform : SUN OS5.3 solaris 2.3
: Oracle RDBMS :V 7.0.16.4

: I got conflitting info from oracle support and some experts who have
: installed oracle on various platforms. Oracle support version is
: that C compiler is not required and the others say it is reqd.
: I am confused. Would appreciate clarification. (In solaris 2.3 the C
: compiler is not bundled with the OS, it is a seperately priced prod)

: Thanks
: Ajoy

Hi

In my view C compiler IS required for installing Oracle ( Oracle 7 anyway ).

But it is easy enough to find out by attempting to install Oracle in your environment !!!

Amit

--
    Amit Gupta                        churchill        Tel: +44 81 313 5688