Re: Oracle buying GUPTA SQLWindows?

From: Ray Ontko <rayo_at_ontko.com>
Date: 30 Jul 1994 15:44:17 GMT

>The lastest issue of InfoWorld stated that Oracle might buy Gupta, the makers of
>SQLWindows.

I haven't seen the article, but I assume that Oracle's motivation is to grab the market and technology of SQL Windows. Forms 4.0 is relatively unattractive as a client server tool, even to people who already have SQL* Forms. Acquiring Gupta could improve their CDE offerings nicely.

Ray

Ray Ontko rayo_at_ontko.com "Ask me about Database Illustrator(tm)" Ray Ontko & Co info_at_ontko.com ftp usa.net:/users/ontko Received on Sat Jul 30 1994 - 17:44:17 CEST

Original text of this message