Granting access to views

From: Michael Sallwasser <msallwas_at_world.nad.northrop.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 16:27:05 GMT

In article <1994Jul13.155140.26686_at_lmpsbbs.comm.mot.com> lyndas_at_email.mot.com (L

ynda Sohl) writes:

>Please HELP. I have a two tables, each named the same but owned by
>different owners. For example, own1.customer and own2.customer. I have a
>third owner which was granted select access to these two tables. owner3 then
>built a view on the two base tables. The view is stated as: "create view
>customer as (select * from own1.customer union select * from own2.customer);".
>Owner3 can access the view and query against it. I than granted select
>to the view and the two base tables to user1. user1 can qu

I suggest trying the following: 1) Have the own1 grant select on own1.customer with grant option to own3. 2) Have the own2 grant select on own2.customer with grant option to own3. 3) Have own3 then grant select on own3.customer to user1. We do something similar here, although there is no own2 (i.e. own1 owns both tables and own3 owns the views.)
Michael Sallwasser  | Down one path is utter dispair and hopelessness. Down
Northrop Grumman    | the other is total destruction. Let us choose wisely.