Oracle BOOK, Windows, Sanity???

From: graham wideman <graham_at_sunstroke.sdsu.edu>
Date: 29 Jul 1994 20:54:25 GMT

Folks:

  Anybody have any experience yet with Oracle BOOK 2.x for Windows? I'm trying to use it to read the Oracle Documentation CDROM (which came with the buggy and almost unusable Book V 1.x).

  However, Book 2.x is about an order of magnitude SLOWER!!! It takes about 5 minutes (literally) to bring up a particular chapter after selecting it in the Navigator window....

  Printing is even more "spectacular -- can be more than half an hour to get the first page out.

  I'm using a 486 DX-33, Windows 3.1, 8M and plenty of disk space.

  What I REALLY want to know is if anyone else has found some magic parameters
that need to be adjusted to get this product to work? Or is it just plain brain dead???

  (Why why WHY couldn't they just do the CDROM in MS Help format, or better

yet use MS's pretty excellent MS Developer Net CDROM tool?????)

Sigh.

graham Received on Fri Jul 29 1994 - 22:54:25 CEST

Original text of this message