Oracle performance problems and bugs v6 vs. v7

From: Tim Carey <tcarey_at_tad.eds.com>
Date: 29 Jul 1994 14:13:19 GMT

Hi,

We are using a vendored application that uses Oracle 6 as its DBMS. We would like to standardize our DBMS environment on a single release of Oracle. To do so, the vendor would have to upgrade their application from Oracle 6 to Oracle 7. The vendor has balked at this request stating they will do so only when Oracle fixes its bugs and performance problems in version 7. We haven't heard of any 'real' bugs or performance problems that would keep one from NOT upgrading.  The application executes on a HP T500 and the HP-UX operating systems.

Any comments?

Tim Carey Received on Fri Jul 29 1994 - 16:13:19 CEST

Original text of this message