Re: Oracle rollback segments

From: Gary Smith <derby_at_csn.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 14:25:08 GMT

Mike Marolda (mmarolda_at_dalxt004.dal.mobil.com) wrote:
: In article <1994Jul26.173248.23306_at_tellab5.tellabs.com>,
: John Vasicek <jsv_at_tellabs.com> wrote:

  • much stuff deleted --

: >When we run a single process, all is well. When we attempt to run five
: >processes simulateously we get Oracle error -1555 "Snapshot is too old".
: >
: >We have tried just about everything which we can think of including
: >assigning this transaction to a rollback segment with an itial size of
: >35M!
: >
: The snapshot too old message is due to the way oracle implements read
: consistency. Read consistency ensures...snapshot too old message.

: Mike Marolda
: Bristol Database Resources Inc.

Another thing you might try (it works in version 6.0.37, although I've not tried it on V7) is to explicitly set the rollback segment periodically. I've done this to correct other "snapshot too old" messages".

set transaction use rollback segment my_roll_seg;

--
Mike Leblanc, Support Engineer
Derby Associates, International