Install of 7.0.15

From: Chris eastland <extel_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 03:09:21 GMT

This is a 7.0.15 install to Silicon Graphics.

Problem is only the oracle userid can connect to the db, can start, shut down, do sql etc. Anyone else in the group 'dba' can't.

The error used to be a smgsg:shm_something error, oracle not available until Oracle tech supp. told me to set UID bit on /bin/oracle which the install was supposed to have done but didn't. That and making root own the listener with uid set on that too.

Once the prots on oracle were rwsr-x--x the error message changed to ORA-12547 which is a TNS related error. True, we have listener problems. The relink of listener died during the install due to missing -lnsl lib. Since fixed and relinked. Also tried ORACLEPIPES setenv to V1 (and V2) as recommended by techsupp.

Current advice is to reinstall sqlnet and tcp/ip adaptor.

My question is, is only the oracle account magically allowed to connect without sqlnet (or at least invisibly when it comes to the sqlnet.log entries)?

I have reinstalled this before, and am not very hopeful a simple reinstall will help.

chris Received on Fri Jul 29 1994 - 05:09:21 CEST

Original text of this message