Re: Oracle 7.0 Snapshots

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 28 Jul 1994 18:29:10 GMT

zlka03_at_hou.amoco.com (Anaya) writes:

>Has anyone been working with Oracle 7.0 Snapshots?

The _first_ thing I suggest is that you learn what the ENTER key is for, your message was only two 'lines' long, each longer than 80 characters, and I think the second one got cut off by being over some size, probably 512 characters. It seemed to end in the middle of

>I am having trouble getting the fast refresh to take place. I have three
>remote databases with code-table snapshots pointed to where the master copy
>of code-tables are.

We had similar problems with snapshots (7.0.15 on NCR 3000's, Unix SVR4), until I added the following line to the config.ora file:

snapshot_refresh_processes = 1

This parameter is documented somewhere obscure, in the IUG I think, which means it _may_ be system-dependent. You'll have to shut the instance down and restart it for the parameter change to take effect, obviously.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)