Re: What Will I Lose

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 94 10:49:26 GMT

In article <30pa7r$fn7_at_u.cc.utah.edu> michael_at_morgan.med.utah.edu writes:

>My sys. admin. is thinking of moving from Sybase 4.2 to Dbase 4. I will
>be the guy using the database and running all of the queries.
>
>My question: what will I lose in the transition? (if there is a
>comparison between the two)

I've heard of downsizing, but isn't this a bit ridiculous? I *mean* dBase4 is relational only if you REALLY stretch that term. don't get me wrong I programme in xBase all the time here on PCs, but I wouldn't recommend this move, oh no. :-)

Philip

--
|Philip Chee: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my| This is a work of fiction.Any resemblance |