Help required with an implementation issue in Oracle

From: Axx <axx_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Jul 1994 20:24:06 -0400

I am kind of new to Oracle, and have been struggling with a problem all day today. I would appreciate any help that I get in this matter.

Hypothetical Situation : I issue a BEGIN TRAN, three update statements to three separate tables, and then COMMIT from the PowerBuilder front end application. Each of the three tables have a field called "last_time_changed". This field is populated by triggers on the tables.

Issue : I want the last_time_changed attribute in all three entities to have exactly the same date and time ( comparison should return TRUE ), if they are within the same transaction. Currently, the triggers simply read the current time, and populate the field, which leads to a difference of some milliseconds ( sometimes a second ) in the three tables.

Question : How do I make the time same in all tables ? Ideally, the time should be the time of the COMMIT.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay Akhare
Analytical Technologies Inc., USA Received on Thu Jul 28 1994 - 02:24:06 CEST

Original text of this message