Re: MS Access v2/ODBC v1.0/Oracle7

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 21:10:58 GMT

In a previous article, lac_at_cowdreyl.syntex.com () says:

>I am getting:
>
>[Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed [#0]
>[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Driver not capable. [#0]
>[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-06107: NETTCP: ORACLE network
>server not found. [#6107]
>
>whenever I try to attach an Oracle7 table to an Access v2 database.
>I have tried reinstalling ODBC v1.0 and Oracle's driver for Oracle7
>Oracle7 ODBC Driver Version 1.1.0.0 (Level 1 Driver), but I still
>get this wonderful message. However, MS Query and the ODBC Test
>program by Oracle both work fine without any problems and return
>the expected results.

   Watch out for MS Query. If you build a query, save it, and then open it...it will clobber the SQL*Net connect string in your ODBC.INI file. I ended up write protecting my ODBC.INI file to protect against this. This may explain why you are having problems.

  • Doug Harris --