Oracle on SunOS/Solaris/AIX

From: Dave Myers <dam_at_williams.stortek.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 17:57:57 GMT

I've successfully installed Oracle 7.0.15.4 in the past on SunOS 4.1.2 and SunOS 4.1.3. I will soon need to do similar installation on Solaris 2.3 (4?) and AIX. I do a pretty minimal installation in that I only really need the RDBMS and TCP/IP networking software. No forms, report writers, CASE tools or the like.

Anyway, if anyone has run into significant differences in the way these platforms work I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with me. Any advance information on potential problems may save me a lot of effort.

Please e-mail me any observations you think might help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Dave Myers
    david_myers_at_stortek.com
or

    dam_at_williams.stortek.com Received on Wed Jul 27 1994 - 19:57:57 CEST

Original text of this message