C/S-Gupta SQL & Oracle Tools for Windows

From: Matthias Lohmann <lohm_at_edvchl.EDV-COMPAS-Luebeck.DE>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 06:18:24 GMT

Hello world !

If there is anybody out there, who can answer some of my questions, please answer by mail. If there is interest, I will post a summary. Thanks.

The qustions:

  • has anybody programmed a client/server application with one of the following tools ?
    • Gupta SQL for Windows, SQL Server or Oracle DB on UNIX
    • Oracle Tools for Windows, Oracle DB on UNIX
  • how fast or easy is the developing with these tools, do the have good project management support, are they stable, prices/licenses
  • are the written applications stable, do they crash often, how is performance (say on a 486/33)
  • what is needed for the developing, what does the customer need, when he wants to run such application
  • if you don't mind, please do although tell me about the project you've developed with these tools, how does it work, was it easy or have you encountered any problems which could not be solved by these tools

Thank you very much for your help,
greetings Matthias

--