Maximum SQL statement size

From: Lorrie Gagnon <gagnon_at_heron.dsr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 20:06:32 GMT

I need to determine what the maximum size of an SQL statement can be. The environment is Visual C++ communicating to an Oracle 7.0.15 instance on Sun OS via ODBC.

I would like to know:
- the maximum size of an SQL statement when accessing the database
through ODBC
- the maximum size of an SQL statement when accessing through SQL*Plus.

If you have it, a data reference to where this information was obtained would be great! (so I can remember where to look the next time!!!)

Also, are there any other max sizes that I need to be aware of?

Thanks,
Lorrie Gagnon
gagnon_at_dsr.com
Digital Systems Research, Inc.
619-695-8220 Received on Tue Jul 26 1994 - 22:06:32 CEST

Original text of this message