Re: How to reverse engineer columns?

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 09:24:05 GMT

In article <iordonez-200794200711_at_slip2-11.acs.ohio-state.edu>, iordonez_at_magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Ivan Ordonez) writes:
: I am using Case Dictionary to reverse engineer a database. I am able to
: retrofit tables and to assiciate them with entities. But after I do this, I
: would like to automatically create attributes from the columns in the
: table. How do I do this? Please reply by mail if possible.
:

There is a utility included in CASE*Dictionary v5.1 which will reverse engineer from Design to Analysis. ie., use table, column and constraint info held at Design to create entities, attributes, and relationships held at Analysis. However, this utility is NOT included in CASE*Dictionary v5.0.
Currently CASE*Dictionary v5.1 is only production on MS-Windows(including WINOS2 under OS/2)

--
regards,
Carl