Re: Shutting up export

From: Karen Payten <karen_at_metz.une.edu.au>
Date: 25 Jul 94 06:50:09 GMT

Michael Baer (msbaer_at_athena.NoSubdomain.NoDomain) wrote:

: I am using the Oracle import and export functions in a c-shell script on
: SunOs 4.1.3. When I use sql*plus or sql*loader in a script I can give the
: parameter -s[ilent] and the programs will not send output to the screen.

: Export and Import on the other hand are sending output and are sending it
: to stderr. I have figured out how to redirect stderr to /dev/null but the
: operating system still complains a little bit. Does anyone know of another
: way to do this.

: Mike Baer

: msbaer_at_cast.msstate.edu

Mike,

I use a basic shell script called exp.sh which has one line: exp username/password parfile=file.par

and start it off in the Bourne shell:
sh exp.sh >exp.log 2>&1 &

The parfile file.par is then changed for different exports and imports. This works fine, except for the worry of having the password in the script. I just say that we can't have all our bickies.

Regards Karen

Karen Payten
Database Administrator
Computing and Communication Services
University of New England, Armidale NSW
Email: karen_at_metz.une.edu.au Phone: +61 67 733549