CODA: Is Oracle User Week worthwhile?

From: Bob Smart <bsmart_at_bsmart.tti.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 1994 01:20:02 GMT

I've received a minor correction to some of the information I included in my summary of responses: instead of only two Oracle marketing presentations at the conference, I'm now informed that there might be eight or so--and instead of 20 Oracle staff presentations, the actual count is expected to be more like 50. I don't think either of these revisions makes much difference (2/200 is essentially the same as 8/200, for purposes of deciding whether a conference is merely a cover venue for an infomercial) but since compulsive pedantry is all that separates us from the animals, there you have it.

I've also received one reply to my request for negative impressions of the conference. It wasn't really all that negative, but it pointed out that the technical seminars are more likely to be of value to beginning/intermediate Oracle users; the gurus will probably get more out of the vendor exhibits.

Considering that the conference has both technical presentations and vendors available, it sounds like even this could be interpreted as a sign that there's something for everyone. The person who mentioned this said he gets more out of the vendor stuff, himself--but like everyone else who said they'd attended before, this person also said he wants to go again. Received on Sat Jul 23 1994 - 03:20:02 CEST

Original text of this message