Re: Anyone using Oracle Glue ?

From: Thomas B. Cox <tcox_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 04:51:35 GMT

Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu> wrote:

>Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone out there is
>using Oracle Glue. I lost me spec sheet on it but
>I seem to recall it uses Windows' DDE or some other
>means (OLE perhaps) to talk to things like spreadsheets,
>etc.

Richard, you straight man you.

I'm using the Oracle Glue DDE Server. Just hacking around a bit. You put it up in the background, and it takes DDE requests for data (from, say, Excel or Word) and routes it to SQL*Net.

So you can write DDE scripts that call the Glue functions that log on, get data, modify it, etc. Most cool.

>BTW, if anyone at Oracle has a spec sheet they
>can e-mail (or fax) to me, please let me know.

That I do *not* have, but send me mail and I'll put you in touch with a friend of mine, Peter, who I believe has that info.

Cheers.

 -Tom

--
Thomas Cox      tcox_at_netcom.com        Cox for Labor Commissioner