Re: Forms 4.0 on client side demands 24 Mb?

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 18 Jul 94 13:19:39 +1000

In article <2vub6c$2v8_at_crocus.csv.warwick.ac.uk>, eoaai_at_csv.warwick.ac.uk (Chris Tilbury) writes:
> ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si wrote:
> : Now the problem is that forms 4.0 demands 24Mb of RAM on client side which
> : is too expensive for such a number of cleints of this kind.
>
> Am I alone in finding this requirement for a DOS/Windows based *client*
> unacceptably high?

It does seem a bit much.

We are running Forms 4 development in 16 Meg and our client PCs have 8Meg.

Clients and developers are 486SX-25Mhz

Where do you get the 24Meg restriction?

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health            *
* Canberra, ACT, Australia                        (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute."
"Killing is wrong!"  -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras