Problem opening form saved in database

From: Marc Mascaro <mascaro_at_bruins.Kodak.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 12:10:28 GMT

I have recently installed Oracle7 7.0.16.4 on a SPARCServer 20 for a large R&D Financial project.

Due to the current connectivity of the users and the proposed deadline of Aug. 8, 1994, the application being developed will use kind of backward client/server model. The mainframe (IBM 3090-400, VM/XA SP2) as the client and the SPARCServer as the server. Oracle tools (SQL*Plus, SQL*Menu, SQL*Forms, etc) are on the mainframe accessing the server via SQL*Net V1 TCP/IP.

The problem we are experiencing is in attempting to open a form that is saved in the database. It is peculiar in that on VM an addressing exception occurs within the user virtual machine from the IAD3 routine. Also on a VAX 7000-610 running Oracle tools, an access violation occurs when trying to open a form. Strangely enough, accessing from another VAX machine we have (4000-200), the forms can be opened without a problem. Also the forms can be opened if logged directly in to SPARCServer.

The VM machine is running Forms 3.0.16.11.0, the VAX 7000-610 is running Forms 3.0.16.12.0, the VAX 4000-200 is running Forms 3.0.16.12.6 and the SPARCServer Forms 3.0.16.12.7.

The database in question is a development instance I created after installation. The test instance created with installation does not exhibit the same behavior. While I had suspected that perhaps I missed something in building the development instance, I have reviewed my steps a few times and don't believe that to be the case. Also I suspect that if I missed something, I would not be able to open a form from any machine.

If anyone has experienced similar behavior, I would sure love to here from you.

Thanks,

Marc Mascaro

mascaro_at_kodak.com
Eastman Kodak Company
Research Technical Services
Roch., NY 14650-2217
(716)-722-3829   Received on Fri Jul 15 1994 - 14:10:28 CEST

Original text of this message